Benefits of Digital Cinema for the Producer:
Opting for a digital release for a movie not only brings down costs and enables a wider release but also provides much better protection against piracy.
Quality and consistency
- Every print is a perfect copy
- Better colour grading is possible electronically
- Opportunity to go directly from DI to Digital release without going to film for the highest quality image
Strong safeguards against piracy
- Digital packages are encrypted at the source and then unlocked only at the theatre during playback
- Forensic watermarking can indicate the theatre, time and date of playback even from a camcorder copy!
- Film can be played only for the exact period allowed by the key - which is also specific to each player
- Multiple language sound tracks and multiple language sub-titles
- Trimming the film post release can be done centrally and remotely
- Faster time from finish to release
- Duplicating from the master, for theatrical release is much faster